- Published: 31 August 2008
The Australian Federation of Medical Women ("the Federation") has developed a policy to protect your privacy in compliance with privacy legislation. Our policy is to inform you:
1. What personal information is being collected;
2. Who is collecting your personal information;
3. How your personal information is being used; and
4. To whom your personal information is being disclosed.
Information collected - Deidentified
When you access our website a record of your visit is created and the following information may be logged for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your domain or top level domain name (for example practice.com, .gov, .au etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of browser you are using
This information is used to monitor usage patterns on the site in order to improve navigation and design features, helping you to get information more easily.
Information collected - Identified
The Federation will collect your e-mail address if you send a message to us via our website e-mail addresses. Your e-mail address may then be used for the purposes for which you have provided it.
Use and Disclosure of your Information
Any information that members change on this site (with the exception of their password) may be used to update their membership information. Individuals who sign up for the AFMW and/or state newsletters will be placed on the relevant mailing lists for the AFMW and/or requested state. Individuals can unsubscribe from these lists at any time.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints relating to online privacy issues on our website, please notify the Federation. While we accept no liability for any material or links posted, we will investigate all complaints. The Federation undertakes to honour the legal requirements of medical information privacy in Australia.